There are many reasons why governments keep records of marriage licenses and other pertinent records that refer to a valid marriage. One must understand that marriage is something that changes the status of a person, and status is something that follows a person no matter where he or she goes. It is conceivable that while two countries would not recognize each other, a marriage performed in one country would be recognized by the other despite this animosity. Later, these records could be used by those claiming to be legitimate children in order to claim some rights from the parties to the marriage, but it is not only those who are parties to the marriage who could do so, as Yolo County Marriage Records, like all other types of marriage records, may be used by almost any other person.
This is because Marriage Records Yolo County are public records, and as public records, they are supposed to be available to the general public, but this availability is limited to only informational records, which could not be used as evidences. They could be requested for by any person, unlike certified copies which could only be issued to a person who is included in an exclusive list provided for by the law. Certified copies are the copies that could be used as evidences, but in terms of information contained within, the two types of records provide the exact same information.
Both informational and certified copies of Yolo County Marriage License Records are available from the office of the clerk-recorder. This office provides copies of the records after the searcher had complied with the requisite procedures, and there are three methods that could be used when requesting for records at this office. The first method is to make the request in person. Of course, this means that the person making the request would have to go to the office to make the request, but this is generally the faster of the three methods because the records would be made available at the same day, and because the searcher is already there, the most flexible. The second method is to make the search through mail, and while this method would not require the searcher to be at the office, it may be slow because everything would have to be done through mail. The third method is to make the request through fax. Faster than making the request through mail and without the need to go to the office, a request through fax, however, would require a credit card payment form. The required fee would always be fifteen dollars per record requested regardless of the method chosen, and a request for a certified copy would have to comply with the formal requisites, that is, the form must be notarized and the sworn statement attached to the form must be filled.
Another source of Marriage Records California is the California Department of Public Health, a state level office. The procedure here is the same as at the local level when requesting for the records through mail, but note that because there are two forms here, the searcher should note the form that he or she is downloading as a request form for a certified copy could not be used to request for an informational copy and vice versa.
The fastest method to search for records would be to search through the use of online databases. Using the breakthrough speed of the internet, these online databases provide the same information as the various government offices and agencies through a faster and more efficient platform. In addition, most of them do not even charge anything for the use of their services.
Marriage Records Yolo County
The procedures given below must be followed when requesting for records at the local level
- There are three methods that could be used when making the request at the office of the clerk-recorder.
- The first method would be to request for the records in person
- Head over to the office of the recorder and their records division.
- Inform the clerk on duty of your reason for being there.
- You would be given a form which you must then fill up.
- Note that if you are requesting for a certified copy, you must comply with the formal requisites of having the form notarized and the sworn statement attached to the form must be accomplished as well.
- Submit the form and pay your required fee
- Wait for the record to be issued to you. This would usually be within the same day.
- The second method would be to request for the records through mail.
- Download the relevant application form from the website of the office of the clerk-recorder.
- Fill up the form either through computer or by hand
- Note that requests for certified copy should comply with the formal requisites.
- Determine your required fee and make a money order or check to answer for the same.
- Send all requirements to the office for processing.
- Wait for the record to be delivered to you. This would usually take place within two to ten days.
- The third method would be to request for the records through fax.
- Download the relevant application form from the website of the office of the clerk-recorder
- Fill up the form
- Note the formal requisites that must be complied with when requesting for certified copies.
- Submit the form to the office of the recorder through fax.
- Follow this up with an accomplished credit card billing form or you could just call the office and give the clerk your billing information.
- Wait for the records to be delivered to you within two to ten days.
Yolo County Marriage License Records
The following links should be able to provide further assistance
- Yolo County
- District Attorney
- California Department of Public Health
- Center for Disease Control