While marriage is something that involves only two people, the bride and the groom, it is also something that affects the whole community, indeed, it is something that affects the whole world. The reason for this is because marriage is something that changes the status of a person, and status is something that follows the person no matter where he or she may go. It is for this reason that marriage records, like Worth County Marriage Records are very important, because they are the best evidence that one could present in order to prove that the marriage exists.
The reason that marriages have to be proven, and why Marriage Records Worth County are important, lies in the effect of the status of a person. Not only does it follow the person, it also attaches upon the person certain rights and obligations that are binding upon the whole world. Thus, it is for this reason that a married person could not get married again, unless his first marriage had already been dissolved. The best way to prove that the person is married is by presenting the records in question. They are so reflective of the existence of marriage that there are some jurisdictions that would not even look into what the contents of the records are, taking the mere existence of the same as prima facie evidence that the marriage does exist.
It is thus, important to know where one could obtain copies of Worth County Marriage License Records, and there are, in general, two sources of the same. The first of these sources would be at the local or county level, and this would be done through the local probate court and their records division. As the office that had issued the records in the first place, it is logical that the probate court would have copies of the records in question, but it is important to note that copies of such records could only be found in the probate court that issued them in the first place. the procedure at this level would require the person who desires the record to actually go to the office and make the request there, because the probate court would not entertain requests for records made through mail. Note that the records requested for will, as much as possible, be made available within the same day that they are requested for.
Copies of GA Marriage Records may also be obtained at the state level through the office of vital records from the Georgia Department of Health. The procedure here is through mail, and they would not entertain a request for copies of marriage records in person. Thus, the person who desires the record should first obtain the required application form, accomplish the same, and then send it to the office for processing, together with a money order or check to answer for the required fee.
Another source of marriage records would be online databases, which are faster and more efficient, despite the fact that most of them are privately owned. They also present substantially the same information as the various government offices and databases, but because they are internet-based, they could be accessed from just about anywhere where there is a substantial internet connection.
Marriage Records Worth County
A request for marriage records at the local level should follow the procedure given below
- At the records division of the probate court, inform the clerk on duty of your request for marriage records
- The clerk on duty would ask you some questions regarding the record that you are interested in. try to answer as accurately as possible.
- The answers that you had given would then form part of your search parameters for the database of the division.
- The clerk would then search for all records matching the search criteria that you had given.
- From all the records, you would then be asked to identify the records that you are interested in.
- The records that you had indicated would then be produced so that you may peruse it.
- Make sure that these are the records that you want before asking that copies of the same be made.
- Pay the required fee before claiming your copies of the records.
Worth County Marriage License Records
Other pertinent information and assistance may be obtained through the following links
- Worth County
- County Clerk
- District Attorney
- Probate Court
- Georgia Department of Health
- Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Vital Records