Marriage is one of the few things that could change the status of a person, and status is something that follows the person no matter where he or she may go at the same time that it attaches upon a person some rights and obligations that the whole world is bound to observe. Indeed, a person who is married could claim rights and obligations from people who are not even aware that the person is married at the same time that said person could not escape the fact that he or she is married by running to a different state or jurisdiction. In proving the existence of marriage, the best evidence that one could use would be the official government record of the same, and these are called marriage records, an example of which would be Volusia County Marriage Records.
The state gives its consent to a marriage by issuing a person a marriage license, and a marriage license is the core document of Marriage Records Volusia County. A marriage license, however, could only prove the valid existence of the marriage license itself, and not of the fact of marriage, hence, the reason why there are other documents that are appended to said marriage license in a marriage record. These records are often important documents in proceedings, certainly, they are necessary in proceedings where the application of remedies prayed upon is dependent upon the existence of a valid marriage.
Copies of Volusia County Marriage License Records may be acquired from one of two sources, plus a non-traditional source. The first of these two sources would be the office of the county clerk who is the official recorder and custodian of all public records within the county. The procedure that is being used at this level, otherwise known as the local or county level, requires the person who desires to obtain a copy of the record to actually go to the office and make the request there. Although this would mean actual travel and could mean days depending upon where the person who is making the request resides, this is actually a faster mode of requests since, more often than not, the records requested for would be made available at the same day that they are requested for.
Another source of Public Marriage Records Florida would be the state or national level, and this would be through a state level department, specifically, the Florida Department of Health and through their Office of Vital Records. The actual procedure being used at this level is requesting via mail, which means that an order or request form would first have to be accomplished before the same should be sent to the office for processing. Note that this must be accompanied by a money order or check to answer for the required fee which is five dollars for the first record requested for, plus an additional four dollars for every additional copy of the document that would be requested for at the same time.
The non-traditional source of records, and not just marriage records, would be online databases. These present substantially the same documents as the various government sources, but they do so using a faster and more efficient platform that could provide the information requested for almost instantly, and from anywhere where there is a substantial internet connection.
Marriage Records Volusia County
A person requesting for records at the local level is bound to follow the procedure given below
- Head over to the office of the clerk of court and locate their records division.
- At the records division, inform the staff of your intention to request for records.
- The staff would assign a member to assist you with your search and direct you to an available terminal where you may have access to a search database software.
- Answer the questions required by the search page of the database to the best of your ability. Remember that the more definite your answers to the questions are, the more accurate the search would be.
- From the results that would be displayed by the software, locate and select the records that you are interested in.
- Once you are sure that these are the records that you want, request for the staff member to produce the same.
- The staff would then produce the record or records that you had indicated.
- Make sure that these are the record or records that you want before asking that copies of the same be made for you.
- Once the copies had been made, they will be issued to you upon your payment of the required fee
Volusia County Marriage License Records
The following links should be of some assistance in case of further questions and queries
- Volusia County
- Clerk of Courts
- State Attorney
- Judicial Circuit
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write