The importance of records is best illustrated by the fact that these records are often the only way to prove the existence of something, and public records are some of the most convincing and most accurate records in existence. The reason that marriage is something that is required to be proven is because there are some rights and obligations that are only available to a person who is married, and there is also the fact that a person cannot escape the fact that he or she is married by running away to a different jurisdiction. In order to prove the existence of a marriage, it is sometimes necessary to provide proof of the same, and there is no better proof that could be presented than a marriage record such as Union County Marriage Records.
Like all marriage records, Marriage Records Union County could be used at a number of proceedings, though they are typically used in proceedings involving the application of family law, such as divorce and adoption. This, however, does not mean that they could not be used at other proceedings, for they could be important documents in a proceeding where the existence and the validity of the marriage is something that must be proven in order to allow the person claiming the remedy to claim the remedy.
Thus, it is important for a person to know where he or she could acquire a copy of Union County Marriage License Records, and in general, there are two sources, the first of which would be the office of the clerk of court, representing the local or county level. At this level, the procedure that is being followed would require the person who would desire to acquire a copy of the record to actually go to the office and make the request there. This is because the office cannot entertain requests via mail. Note, however, that while this procedure may seem to be too much of a hassle, it is actually the faster method because the records that are requested for would, more often than not, be made available at the same day that they are requested for.
State of Florida Marriage Records are also available at the Office of Vital Records of the Florida Department of Health. This department is at the state or national level, and the procedure that is being followed here is requesting for the records via mail. The office could not accept and process requests in person. The procedure starts with the person first downloading the required order form and accomplishing the same before sending it to the office for processing, together with a money order or check to answer for the required fee which is five dollars for the first record requested for, plus an additional four dollars for every additional copy of the record requested for at the same time.
Another method of requesting for marriage records, or any record for that matter, would be to take the search online through the use of online databases. There are a number of these databases that are available for such an endeavor and to use them is simple. They provide substantially the same information as the various government offices and databases, albeit the platform that they are using is internet based which translates to a faster and more efficient search.
Marriage Records Union County
A person who desires to request a copy for a marriage record at the local level should note the procedure given below
- Locate the records division of the office of the county clerk and head over to the said department.
- At the division, inform the staff of your intent to request for copies of records.
- The staff would ask you some questions regarding the records that you desires to acquire.
- Answer the questions as accurately as possible in order to limit the search parameters.
- Using your answers, the staff would use their own database in order to search their entire archives for the records that match your search parameters.
- From the results of the search, you would be asked to identify the records that you are interested in.
- The staff would then produce the records in question. Make sure that these are the records that you want before asking that copies of the same be made for you.
- Pay the required fee before claiming your copies of the records that you had requested for.
Union County Marriage License Records
Questions and queries may be directed to the authorities through the following links
- Union County
- Clerk of Courts
- Marriage Licenses
- Official Records
- State Attorney
- Judicial Circuit
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write