One of the most compelling reasons for the keeping of marriage records like Trinity County Marriage Records is the fact that public records are afforded great respect when it comes to their authenticity, and marriage is something that the public is concerned about given its far-reaching consequences, consequences that echo not only for the parties to the marriage but also to the public in general. In fact, some of the consequences of a valid marriage would be felt not by the people who are already alive by the time that the marriage was celebrated, but rather, by those future generations who were not yet even conceived when the marriage was planned, such as the children of the couple.
Marriage Records Trinity County are used in procedures like legitimization of children and when the parentage of a child is in question, but take note that the type of marriage record used for procedures like these are certified copies. Certified copies are copies that are only available to a number of people identified in an exclusive list provided for by law. A person who is not identified in this list could still get copies of marriage records, but the copies would be informational copies which could not be used for official proceedings. There is, however, no difference between the two copies when it comes to their contents.
There are various sources where one could get his or her hands on a copy of Trinity County Marriage License Records, but in general, the first source would be the local level sources in the form of the office of the county clerk-recorder. The official custodian of these records has two procedures that could be used when making the request and these methods are to make the request through mail or in person. A request for the records in person would naturally mean that the searcher should go to the office and make the request there, but a request in person is usually faster as the records would be made available at the same day. A request through mail would not require the searcher to go to the office, but because the records would have to be mailed, not to mention the application form, this method would take a bit longer. Either way, the required fee is fifteen dollars and a request for certified copies would require the searcher to comply with the formal requisites.
Free California Marriage Records may be obtained through the use of online databases. Albeit owned privately, these online databases provide the same information as the various government offices and agencies, but unlike these sources, online databases provide their information using a faster and more efficient platform which translates to less hassle and more efficient information transfer. These online databases are, as the name implies, online, and this means that anyone with an internet connection could use them. Most of these databases also do not charge their users anything for the use of the information contained within the virtual drives, and because they are internet searches, the user need not actually go out of his house, or even his room, to conduct the search.
Marriage Records Trinity County
Given below is the procedure that must be followed when requesting for the records at the office of the county clerk-recorder
- There are two methods that are being used at this office.
- The first method is to make the request in person
- Head over to the office of the clerk-recorder and locate their recorder division.
- Inform the clerk on duty of your request and you would be given an application form which you must then fill up.
- Note that if you are requesting for certified copies, you must have the form notarized and you must complete a sworn statement. Request assistance from the clerk to accomplish this.
- Once the form and all requisites are complied with, submit the form to the clerk
- Head over to the cashier and pay your required fee.
- Wait for the records to be issued to you. Usually, this would be within the same day.
- The second method is to make the request through mail.
- Head over to the website of the office of the clerk-recorder and download the relevant form
- Accomplish the form.
- Note that requests for certified copy must also comply with the formal requisites.
- Determine your required fee and make a money order or check to answer for the same.
- Send all the requirements to the office for processing
Trinity County Marriage License Records
The following links should be able to provide assistance
- Trinity County
- District Attorney
- California Department of Public Health
- Center for Disease Control