A person could not escape the fact that he or she is married by simply fleeing to a different jurisdiction. This is because marriage is something that follows a person no matter where he or she may go, and all people of the world are bound to observe the marriage even if they had not witnessed the ceremony, indeed, even if they had not heard about it, for themselves. This is where marriage record such as Sumter County Marriage Records comes in. These records, after all, are the best proof to use when one seeks to prove the existence and validity of the marriage. Conversely, this is the best proof that could be used in order to disprove the existence and the validity of the marriage.
Like all marriage records, Marriage Records Sumter County are public records, and as public records, they are available to the public at all times. These records are presumed to be correct, and the person who would claim that they are false would have the burden of proving the same. often used as evidence for proceedings involving the application of family law, these records may, nevertheless, be used at other proceedings, whether public or private, where the question of the existence and validity of the marriage is a relevant question that must first be answered before the remedy asked and prayed for could be granted.
In general, there are two levels where a person may obtain a copy of Sumter County Marriage License Records, and the first of these two sources would be the local or county level, which would be the office of the clerk of court. the procedure that is being followed at this level would require the person who wants to obtain a copy of the record to make his request in person, but take note that this method is actually the faster of the two available method because the records requested for using this method are, more often than not, made available at the same day that they are requested for. There is also the fact that the number of records at this level is relatively fewer than at the other level.
The other level where a person may obtain a copy of FL Marriage Records would be the state or national level, and this would be through the Office of Vital Records of the Florida Department of Health. At this level, the procedure that is being followed would spare the person from travelling to the actual office, because the procedure starts with the person first obtaining the necessary request form online and accomplishing the same before sending it to the office for processing together with a money order or check for the required fee. The required fee is five dollars for the first copy, plus an additional four dollars for every additional copy of the exact same record requested for at the same time.
Of course, a person may also obtain a copy of a marriage record, or any record for that matter, online, through the use of online databases. Easy to locate and even easier to use, the data presented by these online databases are often substantially the same as that of the various government sources, but the platform that they are using ensure that the data is presented faster and more efficiently. There is also the fact that these databases may be accessed from just about anywhere where there is a substantial internet connection, and most of these databases charge only the most minimum of fees for the use of their services.
Marriage Records Sumter County
When requesting for records at the local level, the procedure that must be followed is given below
- Head over to the records division of the office of the clerk of court
- Once at the division, request for copies of marriage records.
- The staff would ask you some questions regarding the record that you wish to obtain. Try to answer as accurately as possible in order to limit the search parameters.
- Using their own database, the staff would locate all records that match your search criteria.
- The results of such search would be shown to you, and you would be asked to identify from the selection the records that you want to see.
- The staff would then produce the records that you had indicated.
- Peruse the records and make sure that these are the records that you want before asking that copies of the same be made for you.
- Once the copies had been made, pay the required fee before claiming your copies of the records that you had requested.
Sumter County Marriage License Records
Questions and queries may be directed through the following links
- Sumter County
- Clerk of Courts
- Official Records
- State Attorney
- Judicial Circuit
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write