The importance of public records is best described when one says that these public records are often the best evidence that one could use in order to prove something. Take, for example, the case of marriage. The public record of a marriage, something called a marriage record of which St. Johns County Marriage Records are an example, is the best evidence that one could use in order to prove the existence and the validity of the marriage. One may ask why it is necessary to prove a marriage, and the answer to that would lie on the fact that marriage is something that follows a person no matter where he or she may go, in addition to the fact that marriage attaches to the married person rights and obligations that they would not have unless the marriage is a valid one.
Like all marriage records, at the core of Marriage Records St. Johns County would be a valid marriage license. The marriage license is the way that the state issues their consent to the marriage, but the marriage license could only prove the fact that there is a valid marriage license, hence, it is not the only contents of the marriage record. Other pertinent documents that tend to prove the existence of the marriage would be amongst those that would be included in the marriage record and these would be made available when one makes a request for them.
In general, there are two places where a person may request for a copy of St. Johns County Marriage License Records, and the first of these would be at the local level through the Office of the Clerk of Court. The clerk of court is the official recorder of the county, so if the record had been filed, the clerk would have a copy of the same. Of course, the procedure that is being followed at this level would require the person to actually go to the office and make the request there, and while at first glance, this may seem to be too much of work, do note that requests made through this method are, more often than not, made available at the same day that they are requested for.
The second source of Marriage Records Florida would be the state or national level, and this would be through the Office of Vital Records of the Florida Department of Health where the procedure that is being followed would require the person who wants to request for a copy of a marriage record to first download the required application form and accomplish the same. The form, once accomplished, could then be sent to the office for processing, though it must be accompanied by a money order or check to answer for the required fee which is five dollars for the first copy of the record. Every additional copy of the exact same record that would be requested for at the same time would cost an additional four dollars.
Online databases are a more efficient and faster source of marriage records, though this source is actually non-traditional. Online databases could present substantially the same information as the various government sources, but these online databases often charge only the most minimum of fees for the use of their services and they could be accessed from just about anywhere where there is a substantial internet connection.
Marriage Records St. Johns County
The procedure that is followed at the local level is given below
- Head on over to the office of the clerk of court
- Once there, locate the records division of the office and make your request there regarding the records.
- The staff would allow you to use one of their computer terminals and would run the search database of the records division.
- At the search page of the search database, answer as many questions as possible in order to limit the search criteria.
- Once you are sure that you had provided all information that you could provide, hit the ‘search’ button at the bottom of the page.
- The database would then list the results of the search, which would be all records that would match your search criteria.
- From these results, locate the one that you are interested in and indicate this to your staff assistant.
- The staff would then produce the records that you had indicated so that you could peruse it.
- Ensure that these are the records that you want before asking that copies of the same be made for you.
- Pay the required fee before claiming your copies of the records.
St. Johns County Marriage License Records
The following links should be of further assistance in case of further queries and questions
- St. Johns County
- Clerk of Courts
- Judicial Services
- State Attorney
- Judicial Circuit
- Social Services
- Public Health
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write