Two persons could not get married even though they love each other without the permission of the government. Such permission is manifested with the issuance of a marriage license and such marriage license forms part of a collection of records known as marriage records, such as Sierra County Marriage Records. marriage records are kept by the government not only to maintain a registry of who is married, but also as a means for the government to be able to keep a means to inform the public, because marriage is something that the public is concerned. This is because there are rights, obligations, duties, and responsibilities that are only available to married couples, and, should they exist, their legitimate and illegitimate children.
As they are public records, Marriage Records Sierra County are supposed to be available to the public at all times, but this is only true for informational copies of marriage records. Informational records could not be used for official proceedings, unlike their certified copes counterparts. Note, however, that the information presented by these two types of records are the same, the only difference is that certified copies could be used for official proceedings. Of course, certified records are only available to people identified within an exclusive list provided for by law.
There are two methods that could be used by the searcher when requesting for Sierra County Marriage License Records at the local level. The local level means the office of the clerk-recorder. These two methods are to make the request in person or through mail. A request for the records in person would require the searcher to head over to the office and make the request there. While this method would require personal presence of the searcher at the office, note that this request is actually faster because the records, more often than not, would be made available at the same day. The other method, requesting through mail, would mean that the person making the request need not go to the office of the recorder to make the request, but this could take some time as the formal request, in the form of the application form, would have to be mailed to the office for processing. Whatever method is chosen, the required fee is fifteen dollars per copy requested, and a request for certified copies would require the person making the request to comply with the formal requisites.
Another source of California Marriage Records would be the state level California Department of Public Health. The procedure at this level is the same as the procedure at the local level, but only through mail because the department currently has no desk to handle request for records in person. Note also that at this level, the application form for a certified copy could not be used for an application for an informational copy, and vice versa.
Another source of marriage records would be online databases, but unlike the first two mentioned sources, request for marriage records at this level would be faster and more efficient, because the system that would be used would be in the form of online databases. Most of these databases also do not charge anything for the use of their services, and because they are internet searches, they could be done from the home of the user.
Marriage Records Shasta County
Given below are the steps to follow when requesting for marriage records at the local level
- Chose between the two available methods when requesting for marriage records
- If you choose to make the request in person
- Head over to the office of the clerk-recorder and their records division.
- Inform the clerk of your request.
- You would be given an application form which you must then accomplish.
- Note that if you are requesting for certified copies, you must have the form notarized and a sworn statement detailing your qualifications to request for the records be appended to the form.
- Submit the application form and pay the required fee in accordance with the required fee
- Wait for the records to be made available to you. Usually, this would be within the day.
- If you choose to request for the records through mail.
- Head over to the website of the office of the recorder and download the required application form
- Accomplish the application form either by hand or computer.
- Note that if you are requesting for certified copies, you must have the form notarized and a sworn statement with your qualifications to make the request should be appended to the application form.
- Determine your required fee
- Make a money order or check to answer for the required fee.
- Send the application form and all other requirements to the office for processing.
- Wait between two to ten days for the request to be completed.
Sierra County Marriage License Records
The following links should be of further assistance
- Sierra County
- District Attorney
- Public Health
- California Department of Public Health
- Center for Disease Control