Official records are always the best form of evidence that one could use when one seeks to prove something. These records may be found at the archives of various government institutions, and one of the types of records that could be used to prove something are marriage records, an example of which would be Santa Rosa County Marriage Records. These records are used to prove the existence of the marriage, and the reason why marriage is something that needs to be proven is because there are rights and obligations that would only attach upon a person after a valid marriage. There is also the fact that marriage is something that follows the person no matter where he or she may go. One could not escape the fact that he or she is married by running to a different jurisdiction.
Like all marriage records, Marriage Records Santa Rosa County could be used at a number of proceedings, especially when it is a proceeding where the validity and the existence of the marriage is a relevant question that must be answered. Typically, this would mean cases involving application of family law, but this does not mean that those are the only cases where these records could be used. After all, they could be used at both public and private proceedings.
Copies of Santa Rosa County Marriage License Records may be found at two level sources, and the first would be the office of the clerk of court. As the official recorder and custodian of all public records, the clerk of court should have a copy of every public record ever filed. To obtain a copy from this source, the person requesting must follow the procedure which starts with the person first going to the office and making the request there. This is because the procedure that is being followed at this level is requesting in person. Now, this may seem to be too much of a hassle given the fact that the person actually needs to be at the office to make the request, but this method is actually faster as the records requested for would be made available at the same day that they are requested for.
State of Florida Marriage Records may also be obtained from the state level through the Office of Vital Records of the Florida Department of Health. At this level, the procedure that is being followed is requesting through mail, which means that the person who would want to make a request here would first have to download an application form from the website of the department and accomplish the same before sending it, together with a money order or check to answer for the required fee, to the office for processing. The required fee is five dollars for the first record, plus another four dollars for every additional copy of the record that would be requested at the same time.
The fastest method to acquire copies of records, however, would be to look for the same online through the use of online databases. Using a faster and more efficient platform, these databases could present substantially the same records as those found in the government archives, but they present these records using a faster and more efficient platform. In addition, most of these databases charge only the barest minimum of fees for the use of their services.
Marriage Records Santa Rosa County
Follow the procedure given below when one is requesting for copies of marriage records at the local level source
- Head on over to the records division of the office of the clerk of court.
- Inform the staff of your intention to request for copies of marriage records at the records division of the office of the clerk of court.
- The staff would ask you to fill up two papers. One of those would be an informational sheet and the other would be a search sheet, the answers to which would form part of the search criteria.
- Using their own database and the answers that you had provided, the staff would look up all records that match your search criteria.
- You would be asked to indicate the record or records that you are interested in and the same would then be produced by the staff.
- Make sure that these are the records that you are interested in before asking that copies of the same be made for you.
- Pay the required fee and claim your copies of the records.
Santa Rosa County Marriage License Records
For questions and other queries, refer to the links given below
- Santa Rosa County
- Clerk of Courts
- Official Records
- County Attorney
- State Attorney
- Judicial Circuit
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write