Marriage is something that follows the person no matter where he or she may go. It is true that a person cannot escape the fact that he or she is married by fleeing to a different state or jurisdiction, because wherever that state or jurisdiction would be, the fact of the marriage would be respected. Of course, this means that there should be a way for someone to be able to tell that there is a marriage in the first place, and the best way to prove something would be to present the proper official record of that event. For marriage, the proper record would be marriage records, and an example of the same would be Putnam County Marriage Records.
Like all marriage records, Marriage Records Putnam County could be used at a number of proceedings where the existence and the validity of the marriage is a relevant question that must be answered. Such proceeding typically consist of application of family law, such as adoption, divorce, and the regular cases involving family matters, but this does not mean that these records are limited in their usage to such proceedings, because these records may also be used in other proceedings so long as the existence and the validity of the marriage is a question that must be answered. In fact, there need not even be a proceeding for these records to be of use.
It is thus important to know where a person could find a copy of Putnam County Marriage License Records, because of where they could be used. In general, there are two sources, and the first would be the local or county source, which would be in the form of the office of the clerk of court. This office is the official recorder and custodian of all public records, so it stands to reason that if the record was public, the office would have a copy of the same. The procedure that is being followed at this office would require the person who would request for a copy to actually go to the office and make the request there, but this method is actually the faster method because the records would be made available, as much as possible, within the same day.
Copies of Florida Marriage License Public Records may also be obtained at the second level source which would be the state level source. This would be at the Office of Vital Records of the Florida Department of Health where the procedure that is being followed is requesting through mail. The procedure begins with the person making the request to first download the relevant application form from the website of the department and accomplishing the same before sending it to the office for processing. Note that when the application form is sent, it must be accompanied either by a money order or check to answer for the required fee of five dollars, plus an additional four dollars for every additional copy of the exact same record that would be requested at the same time.
Online databases are another source of marriage records, and the procedure that is being followed by these databases are considerably simper because they require only the most basic of internet search knowledge in order to use. Easy to access from just about anywhere where there is a substantial internet connection, these databases could present their data using a faster and more efficient platform that charges only the most minimum of fees to use.
Marriage Records Putnam County
The procedure that is being followed at the office of the clerk of court is given below
- Head over to the office of the clerk of court, and locate their records division.
- At the record division, inform the staff of your intention to request for copies of marriage records
- The staff would require you to answer some questions regarding the records that you are interested in. Try to answer the questions as accurately as possible as this would form the search criteria.
- Using their own database, the staff would locate all records that match your search criteria.
- You would be asked to identify the record or records that you are interested in from the results of the search.
- The staff would then produce the record or records that you had indicated.
- Make sure that these are the records that you want before asking that copies of the same be made for you.
- Pay the required fee before claiming your copies of the records.
Putnam County Marriage License Records
The following links should be of assistance in case of questions and other queries
- Putnam County
- Clerk of Courts
- Official Records
- County Attorney
- State Attorney
- Judicial Circuit
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write