The existence of marriage records like Pulaski County Marriage Records was predicated on them being of some use to the people at large. Indeed, these records do find some use, and that is, they are used to verify the existence of a marriage. One may ask why there is a need to verify the existence of marriage, but to arrive at an answer, it must first be considered that marriage is something that changes the status of a person, and status is something that follows the person no matter where he or she may go, and it is something that is not easily changed.
Marriage Records Pulaski County are evidences that there was a valid change of status in a person. Such change of status would not be easy to duplicate and would take intervention from the Government; indeed, marriage is something that does require the intervention of the government, because it is only the government that could provide marriage licenses. These marriage licenses are the physical proof of the consent of the government to the marriage between the couple, and without a marriage license, then the marriage could not happen, and even if it does happen, it would not be valid until a valid license is issued.
As they are they are the ones that issued Pulaski County Marriage License Records in the first place, it stands to reason that the government would have copies of such marriage records. There are, in general, two sources where such records may be obtained, and the first would be the local level through the local probate court. Before one may search here, one should first take into consideration that probate courts have limited territorial jurisdiction. Thus, if a marriage license was issued in a different county, then chances are, there would be no records in this location. The procedure that is followed here would require the person who desires the record to first go to the office and make the request there. Such travel time would depend on where the person resides, but do note that despite the fact that the person would be forced to travel, this is actually the more efficient method because the records should be made available at the same day that they are requested for.
GA Marriage Licenses are also available through the state offices, and these would be through the office of vital records of the Georgia Department of Health. The procedure here requires the person to send a request letter to the office for processing. Note that when the letter is sent, it must be accompanied by a money order or check to answer for the required fee which is ten dollars for the first copy to be requested, plus an additional five dollars for every additional copy of the exact same record that would be requested for.
Finally, note that it is now possible to search for marriage records online through the use of online databases. There are various government online databases that could provide information, but when one speaks of online databases, these are mostly privately owned and operated websites that could provide substantially the same information as the various government sources. They are faster, more efficient, and most of them charge only the most minimum of fees for the use of their services.
Marriage Records Pulaski County
The procedure that one must follow when requesting for marriage records at the local level is given below
- Head over to the local probate court and locate their records division.
- At the records division, inform the clerk on duty of your intention to request for marriage records.
- The clerk would ask you some questions regarding the record that you wish to see. Try to answer as accurately as possible so as to limit the search parameters.
- Using your answers, the clerk would then use their own database to locate the record that you wish to see.
- Usually, there would be multiple returns, and in such a case you would be asked to identify the records that you wish to see from the results.
- The clerk would then produce the record or records that you had indicated for your perusal.
- Make sure that these are the records that you want before asking that copies of the same be made for you.
- Pay the required fee before claiming your copies of the records.
Pulaski County Marriage License Records
The following links should be of assistance in case of inquiries and questions.
- Pulaski County
- Clerk of Court
- District Attorney
- Probate Court
- Health Department
- Georgia Department of Health
- Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Vital Records