Although it has been labeled as one of the most boring jobs in the government, the keeping of official records is an essential part of any government because these records are often the best way to prove the existence and the validity of something. Take marriage for example. There may sometimes be a need to prove marriage given the importance that marriage plays in the community and because there are rights and obligations that are attach to a person only after a marriage. This is not to mention the fact that marriage is something that follows a person no matter where he or she may go. The official record of a marriage is known as a marriage record and Palm Beach County Marriage Records is one example of the same.
At the heart of a Marriage Records Palm Beach County is a valid marriage license which is the manifestation of the consent of the government to allow two people to get married, but because a valid marriage license could only prove that there is a valid marriage license, and not the fact of the marriage itself, there are other records that are a part of the marriage record, and these are documents and papers that could be used as evidence in public and private proceedings, in particular, in proceedings involving the application of family law and where the existence and validity of the marriage is a relevant question that must be answered.
It is thus important to know where a person could obtain a copy of Palm Beach County Marriage License Records, and the first source of the same would be at the local level through the office of the clerk of court who is also the official custodian and recorder of the county. Note that the procedure that is being used at this level requires the person who wishes to obtain a copy to actually go to the office and make the request there, but despite the fact that there is the need to travel, this procedure is actually more efficient and faster because the records would be made available at the same day that they are requested for.
The Office of Vital Records of the Florida Department of Health is the national level source of Marriage Records Florida. At this level, the procedure that is being followed would require the person who wants to obtain a copy of a marriage record to first download the required application form and accomplish the same before sending it to the office for processing. Note that a money order or check to answer for the required fee should be attached to the application form. The required fee is five dollars for the first copy of the record requested, plus an additional four dollars for every additional copy of the same record that would be requested at the same time.
Online databases represent another source of marriage records, but these online databases are easily accessible through the internet. In addition to the fact that they present substantially the same information as the various government offices and databases, they also present their information using a faster and more efficient platform that everybody who has a substantial internet connection could use.
Marriage Records Palm Beach County
Given below is the procedure that must be followed when requesting for marriage records at the local level
- At the records division of the office of the clerk of court, inform the staff of your intention to request for records.
- The staff would ask you some question regarding the records that you wish to obtain. Note that while it is possible not to answer all the questions, the answers would be used as the search criteria.
- Using their own database, the staff would list all the records that match the search criteria that you had given.
- From these results, you would be asked to pick the records that you are interested in.
- The staff would then produce the records that you had indicated so that you may look at it.
- Make sure that these are the records that you want before asking that copies of the same be made for you.
- Pay your required copying fee before claiming the copies that the staff had made for you.
Palm Beach County Marriage License Records
Other pertinent and important information as well as other procedures may be accessed through the links given below
- Palm Beach County
- Clerk of Courts
- Public Records
- Court Records
- Official Records
- County Attorney
- State Attorney
- Judicial Circuit
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write