The legal and civil status of a person is something that follows said person no matter where he or she may go. Marriage is one of those that would allow for such civil status to be changed, and because status must be respected no matter where a person may go, marriage records, such as Okeechobee County Marriage Records, are often requested for in order to confirm the status of being married. The reason that status follows a person is because there are some rights and obligations that are only available to a person as a result of this status, and these are rights and obligations that everyone around the world, regardless of whether or not the person was married within the state jurisdiction, must respect.
It is for this reason that Marriage Records Okeechobee County are some of the most requested for public records in the county and in the state. Such records are often evidence that could be used to prove the existence of the marriage and the validity of the same in many proceedings where the existence and validity of the marriage is a relevant question. Such records may also be used to establish rights and obligations that are available only upon marriage and only to those who were married in the first place.
It is because of their relative importance that a person needs to know where he or she could gain a copy of Okeechobee County Marriage License Records, and the first source would be the county or local level through the office of the clerk of courts. The procedure that is followed at this level is requesting in person, and this means that the person who would want to request for a copy would first have to go to the office and make the request there. Although it may mean that the person who would request would have to travel in person to the office, note that this procedure is actually faster because, more often than not, the records would be made available at the same day that they are requested for.
Another source of State of Florida Marriage Records would be at the state or national level, and this would be through the Office of Vital Records of the Florida Department of Health. At this level, the procedure that is followed is requesting through mail, which would require the person making the request to first download the relevant request form online and accomplishing the same. When the accomplished request form is sent, it must be accompanied by a money order or check to answer for the required fee which is five dollars for the first record, plus an additional four dollars for every additional copy of the same record that would be requested at the same time.
Online databases are also another source of marriage, or any public, record. Using the internet, these online databases could present information that is substantially the same as the information from the various government offices, albeit they do so using a faster and more efficient platform that could provide almost instant results. In addition to the fact that these databases could be accessed from anywhere where there is a substantial internet connection, these databases often charge only the most minimum of fees for the use of their services.
Marriage Records Okeechobee County
The procedure given below is the one that must be followed when requesting for records at the local level
- At the records division of the office of the clerk of court, inform the staff of your intention to request for copies of marriage records.
- A member of the staff would then assist you and would ask you some questions regarding the record that you wish to see.
- Answer the questions as accurately as you could make them in order to limit the search parameters.
- Using their own database, the member of the staff would use your answers to search for every record that matches your search criteria.
- From the results of the search, you would be asked to pick the record or records that you want.
- The staff member would then produce the records that you had indicated. Make sure that these are the records that you want before asking that copies of the same be made for you.
- Pay the required fee before claiming your copies of the record.
Okeechobee County Marriage License Records
The following links should be consulted in case of questions and other queries
- Okeechobee County
- Clerk of Courts
- Official Records
- State Attorney
- Judicial Circuit
- County Health Department
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write