As an institution that the whole community has an interest in, marriage becomes a public concern, and this is the reason why the official records of a marriage, an example of which would be Levy County Marriage Records, are required and requested for. This is because the interest of the public requires that the marriage record be made available to them. There are rights and obligations that are only available to married couples and to no one else. Thus, it is easy to see why one should first prove that he or she is married before he or she can claim those rights that are supposed to be available only to married couples.
Marriage Records Levy County may be used at a number of proceedings, and they are not necessarily public proceedings. It is true that these records are often required in public proceedings involving family law, such as adoption and divorce, as well as cases involving succession and legitimacy rights, but this does not mean that such records could not be used in other public proceedings. Wherever the issue involves the existence of the marriage and whether it is valid or not, such records may be used to prove the marriage. Of course, such records may also be used in private proceedings, such as proceedings involving pension benefits. There are also some uses for these records outside of proceedings, such as when one is entering into insurance or mortgage.
Copies of Levy County Marriage License Records may be obtained from two levels of sources, the local and the national level. At the local, or county, level, the office that is primarily concerned would be the Office of the Clerk of Court who is also the official custodian of public records and documents in the county. Thus, if it is public, the clerk would have a copy of it. The procedure followed at this level is to make the request in person, which means that the person who desires to obtain a copy of the record would first have to go to the office and make the request there. Of course, this means travel time, but do note that more often than not, the records would be made available at the same day that it is requested for.
Another source of Marriage Records in Florida would be the national or state level. This would be through the Office of Vital Records of the Florida Department of Health. The procedure that is followed at this level would require the person making the search to follow a request through mail procedure. This means that the application form would first have to be downloaded from the website of the department and accomplished. When the application form is sent for processing, it must be accompanied by a money order or check to answer for the required fee which is five dollars for the first record, plus an additional four dollars for every copy of the same record requested at the same time.
Online databases are also sources of marriage records, or any record for that matter. Simple to use and easy to find, these databases can provide substantially the same information as the various government offices, albeit using a faster and more efficient platform that is readily available because they could be accessed from just about anywhere where there is a substantial internet connection, and because these databases often charge the most minimum of fees for their use.
Marriage Records Levy County
At the local or county level, the Office of the Clerk of Court is the primary source for marriage records, and the procedure followed is given below
- Head on to the Office of the Clerk of Court and locate their records division.
- Inform the clerk on duty at the records division of your intention to request for marriage records.
- The clerk would give you a paper with some questions regarding the document that you are interested in. Note that while not all blanks are required to be filled, lesser blanks means a more accurate search.
- Using the answers that you had provided, the clerk would use their database to locate all records matching your search criteria.
- The clerk would then show you the records that had appeared and would ask you to indicate the one that you are interested in.
- The clerk would produce the record or records that you had indicated. Make sure that these are the records that you want before asking that copies be made for you
- After acquiring the copies, pay the required copying fee.
Levy County Marriage License Records
The following links should be of further assistance for questions and other queries
- Levy County
- Clerk of Courts
- Historical Records
- County Attorney
- State Attorney
- Judicial Circuit
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write