The reason that marriage records, such as Jackson County Marriage Records, are some of the most requested for records in any government office is because of the importance of these records. After all, these records are the best way to prove that the marriage either still exists or had at least existed. The importance of proving that the marriage had been celebrated stems from the fact that there are some rights and obligations that are only available to married couples, and to those that have come from such a union. It must also be noted that marriage is something that follows the person no matter where he or she may go, so again, it may be necessary to prove that there was a valid marriage.
Like all marriage records, the core of Marriage Records Jackson County would be a valid marriage license, but because a marriage license does not really prove marriage, there would be other documents included in the compilation. Marriage records are of great importance in proceedings involving family law such as adoption and claims of legitimacy, and even divorce proceedings, but this does not mean that such records could only be used in such proceedings. Indeed, such records may also be used in proceedings that involve purely private concerns such as pension and social security benefits and even with a simple transaction such as loan or surety.
Thus, it is important for a person to know where such copies of Jackson County Marriage License Records may be obtained, and there are, in general, two sources. The first would be the local or county level source, and this would be the Office of the Clerk of Court. as the official custodian and recorder of the county, the clerk should have copies of all public records within the county. The procedure that is being followed at this level would require the person making the request to make the request in person at the office, which would mean that the person would have to go to the office. This may mean some effort from the part of the searcher, but note that making a request in person would probably be more efficient than making a request through mail because the records would be made available at the same day that they would be requested.
Copies of Marriage Records in Florida may also be obtained from the state or national level sources through the Office of Vital Records of the Florida Department of Health. The procedure followed here is making the request through mail, which would mean that the person making the request would first have to download the relevant order form and accomplish the same before sending it on its way to the office for processing, accompanied by a money order or check to answer for the required fee which is five dollars for the first record that would be requested plus another four dollars for every additional copy of the same record that would be requested.
Another source that falls on neither the two general levels would be online databases. Privately maintained and owned, these databases nevertheless provide substantially the same information as the government sources, but they use a faster and more efficient platform that anyone could use for the most minimum of charge anywhere where there is a substantial internet connection.
Marriage Records Jackson County
The procedure given below is the one being followed at the local level sources
- Proceed to the Office of the County Clerk and locate their records division.
- At the records division, inform the clerk on duty of your intent to ask for copies of marriage records.
- The clerk would ask you to provide some information regarding the record that you are interested in. try to answer as accurately as possible in order to limit the search criteria.
- Using your answers, the clerk would then use their database to locate every record that matches the search criteria that you had given.
- The clerk would show you the results of the search; locate the one that you are interested in from the results.
- The clerk would then produce the record that you had indicated. Make sure that this is the record that you want before requesting for copies of the same.
- Pay the required fee before claiming your copy of the record.
Jackson County Marriage License Records
The following links should be able to provide further information in case of other queries
- Jackson County
- Clerk of Courts
- State Attorney
- Judicial Circuit
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write