Often, the best evidence to prove the existence of something, or even someone, would be to show the official record reflecting the same. Marriage is one of those things that may be proven through the use of official records, and the official record of a marriage is something that is called marriage records, an example of which are Holmes County Marriage Records. First, one must note why proving the existence of a marriage is something that is required. This is because marriage is an institution that the community, indeed, the whole world, is interested in. With the valid celebration of marriage, some rights and obligations attach themselves to the married couple, rights and obligations that everyone must respect.
Marriage Records Holmes County may be used at a number of proceedings, though they are sometimes mandatory in cases involving family law such as adoption, legitimacy proceedings, and even in cases involving rights of succession. Of course, such documents may also be used in other proceedings where the existence of a valid marriage is relevant, and such proceedings may not only be limited to public proceedings, because such records could be used in purely private proceedings such as claiming pension benefits, especially if it is the spouse who is claiming the benefit on account of the unavailability of the person entitled to the benefit.
Copies of Holmes County Marriage License Records may be obtained from the office of the clerk of court. As the official custodian of these records, the clerk of court has copies of every public record and is mandated by law to release copies of them upon request. The procedure that is being used at this level is requesting for the records in person. This means that the searcher would first have to go to the office of the clerk and make the request at the records division. At first glance, this may seem to be cumbersome and inefficient, but the truth is, requesting for the records in person usually means that the records would be made available at the same day that the records would be requested for.
Another source of Florida Marriage License Records would be the Office of Vital Records of the Florida Department of Health. A search at this level would follow the procedure of requesting for the records through mail, which means that the person making the request would first have to download the relevant order form and accomplish the same before sending it to the office for processing together with the required fee in the form of a money order or check. The required fee is five dollars for the first copy of record, plus an additional four dollars for every copy of the same record that would be requested for at the same time.
It is also possible to request for marriage records online through the use of online databases. Using a faster and more efficient platform, these databases could provide substantially the same information as the various government offices and databases. They may also be used from just about anywhere where there is an internet connection that could be used. In addition, most charge the most minimum of fees for the use of their services.
Marriage Records Holmes County
When requesting for records at the office of the county clerk, follow the procedures given below
- At the records division of the office of the county clerk, inform the staff on duty of your request.
- The staff would ask you to provide some information regarding the records that you are interested in. The more accurate the information that you could give, the more accurate the search.
- Using the information that you had provided, the staff would use their database to locate every record that match your search criteria.
- You would then be shown the results of the search, locate the record that you are interested in from the results.
- The record that you had indicated would then be produced. Ensure that this is the record that you want before requesting for copies of the same.
- Pay the required copying fee before claiming your copies of the record.
Holmes County Marriage License Records
The following links should be able to provide other pertinent information that may be of assistance when requesting for records.
- Holmes County
- Clerk of Courts
- Office of the State Attorney
- Judicial Circuit
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write