Marriage is something that interests both the parties to the marriage and their families as well as the community in general. Indeed, the whole world is interested in the marriage of even the most obscure person because of the impact and implications of such marriage in regards to the way that the world should treat the married person. This is one of the reasons why marriage records, such as Hamilton County Marriage Records, are some of the most requested for documents in any government office. This is because the rights and obligations that attach to the person with regards to marriage attaches only after the valid marriage, hence, the reason why it is important to first prove that the marriage exists.
This is the reason why Marriage Records Hamilton County are some of the most requested for records, but these records are not limited in their use to such proceedings. It is true that marriage records are very important when it comes to proceedings involving family law, such as adoption and divorce, but this does not mean that they could not be used in other proceedings. Such records, being the best evidence available to prove the existence of a marriage, are also of some use in any proceedings public or private, where the existence of the marriage is a relevant question that must be proven.
It is thus important to know the proper levels and procedure to request for copies of Hamilton County Marriage License Records, and in general, there are two levels where such copies may be request from. The first level would be the local or county level, and this would be through the Office of the Clerk of Court, where the procedure that is being followed is to make the request in person. This means that the person making the request would first have to go to the office and make the request there and while at first glance, this may seem to be more inefficient, do note that a request in person is actually faster because the records would be made available at the same day that the request is made.
Copies of Florida Marriage Records may also be obtained from the state or national level through the Office of Vital Records of the Florida Department of Health. The procedure that is followed at this level is making the request through mail, which means that the proper form should first be downloaded before being accomplished and sent to the office for processing, together with a money order or check to answer for the required fee which is five dollars for the first copy, plus an additional four dollars for every other copy of the record that would be requested for at the same time. Note that the processing time is anywhere between four to six weeks.
Online databases are also sources of marriage records, or any records for that matter. Although unaffiliated with the government, most of these databases could provide substantially the same information as the various government offices, albeit they do so using the internet which means that their platform is faster and more efficient. In addition, most of these databases charge the most minimum of fees if at all.
Marriage Records Hamilton County
The procedure that must be followed when requesting for marriage records at the local level is given below
- Head over to the office of the clerk of court and their records division.
- At the records division, inform the clerk on duty of your intention to request for marriage records.
- The clerk would hand you an application form which you must then accomplish, together with a request form which you must also accomplish. Note that the request form need not be completed, but the less blanks in the request form, the more accurate the search.
- The clerk would use the answers that you had provided at the request form and search for all records that match your search criteria using their own database.
- The clerk would show you the results of the search, and from the given results, locate the record that you are interested in.
- The clerk would then produce the record indicated. Make sure that these are the records that you want before asking that copies be made.
- Pay the required fee and claim your copy or copies of the record.
Hamilton County Marriage License Records
Additional information and other relevant procedures may be obtained through the following links
- Hamilton County
- Clerk of Courts
- County Attorney
- County Clerk
- County Judge
- State Attorney
- Judicial Circuit
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write