Although marriage is something that involves only two people and their families, one could not deny that two people getting married is actually something that affects other people around them, indeed, it affects the whole world. This is because marriage is something that changes the status of a person, and status is something that follows the person no matter where he or she may go. There is also the fact that a person can only be married to one person at any given time. Often, there arises the question of the validity of a marriage, and the best way to prove the existence of a marriage is through the use of official records like Camden County Marriage Records.
Marriage Records Camden County, like all marriage records, are public records. This means that while one could not remove the original copy from where they are being kept, it is possible to ask for a copy of the same at any given time and for any given reason. There is also the fact that they fall under the presumption of regularity of business, which simply means that the contents of the records in the custody of the records keeper is something that is afforded the greatest respect and is presumed to be correct.
Copies of Camden County Marriage License Records may be obtained from two sources, the local and the state sources. At the local level, this would be through the records division of the probate court. The probate court was the local authority that gave the marriage license in the first place, and as such, they have copies of every marriage license that they had given out. The procedure at this level is requesting in person, which means that the person who desires to obtain the copy would actually have to go to the office and make the request there, but note that this is actually more efficient, for the records requested for are frequently made available at the same day that they are asked for. The fee is ten dollars for the first record, plus another five for every additional copy that would be requested or at the same time.
Georgia Marriage License Records are also available at the state level, and this would be from the office of vital records of the Georgia Department of Health. The procedure that is followed at this level would require the person who wants the copy to request via mail. This entails downloading a request form and accomplishing the same before sending it, together with a money order or check to answer for the required fee of ten dollars for the first copy, plus another five for every additional copy requested at the same time, to the office for processing, and although it does not require the person to actually got to the office to make his request there, note that this actually takes some time because the office has to wait for your request to arrive.
Finally, it is also possible to locate marriage records online through the use of online databases. These are internet based databases that provide substantially the same information as the two sources mentioned above. The use of these databases are often faster and more efficient, because they could be accessed from anywhere where there is a substantial internet connection.
Marriage Records Camden County
When requesting for marriage records at the local level, the following procedure must be followed
- Head over to the records division of the probate court
- Inform the clerk or staff on duty of your request and answer the questions of the staff or clerk regarding the records that you are interested in.
- Your answers would form part of the search parameters and criteria and would be of great help in narrowing down the record you are interested in.
- The clerk or staff would then use their database to locate the record or records that you are interested in.
- Often, the search would yield numerous results, so you may be asked to identify the record that you are interested in from the results of the computer search.
- Once you have identified the same, the clerk or staff would produce the records in question for your perusal.
- You may then request for a copy of the same once you are sure that this is the record that you want.
- Pay the required fee before claiming your copy of the records.
Camden County Marriage License Records
The following links should be of further assistance in case of questions
- Camden County
- County Clerk
- Clerk of Court
- Probate Court
- Georgia Department of Health
- Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Vital Records