Like all marriage records, at the core of Brevard County Marriage Records, would be a valid marriage license issued by the government to a couple who had applied for the same with the intention of getting married. A marriage license is something that is required before two people could get married, and it is something that the government keeps because they are well aware of how important these licenses, and the records of a marriage, could be in the future. Not only for the people who are parties to the marriage, but also for third persons and even for people who had not even been born when the marriage was celebrated, such as the children of the couple.
Like all marriage records, Marriage Records Brevard County could be used for a lot of proceedings and are usually not limited to claiming benefits for social security and pension. Marriage records may also be material in cases of adoption, name changes, and legitimacy hearings. They may even be used in the typical cases such as collection and eviction cases. It is thus easy to see why they are being kept by the government, in order to maintain a repository that could be open to the public and copies of the same could be issued upon valid request.
As with all searches, there are two levels from where copies of Brevard County Marriage License Records may be obtained from. The first level would be the county or local level, and this would be the province of the local office of the clerk of court who is also the official custodian of public records. The request for official records at this level is done online, and this starts with the searcher first determining the document number of the record that he or she wishes to apply for. This is done online with the help of an official record database maintained by the clerk of court. Simply provide the information requested for by the program at the search page and a list of results from where the searcher could chose the record would be provided for by the system. The document number would be listed beside the document. With this document number, the searcher could then go to the office of the clerk of court and ask for the record there using the document number.
Marriage Records in Florida is also available at the state or national level through the Office of Vital Records of the Department of Public Health of Florida. The procedure here starts with the searcher first downloading the required order form from the website of the department and completing the same before sending it to the office for processing. The fee of five dollars per order, plus four dollars per additional order asked for at the same time should accompany the request. Note that this is non-refundable.
Of course, if the searcher requires the records as fast as possible and there is no need to use them for official proceedings, perhaps the best method would be to search for the records with the help of online databases. Although unaffiliated with the government, most of these databases provide substantially the same information and they do so using a faster and more efficient platform. Most of these databases actually no not charge anything, or even if they do, it is an absolute minimum charge.
Marriage Record Brevard County
A person who wants to request for records at the local level should follow the procedure given below
- Determine the document number of the document that you want to request for
- To start a search, first go to the search page of the search software.
- Provide the information requested for at the blank pages and click ‘search’ at the bottom of the page once you are satisfied with the information that you had provided.
- The software should then give you a list of results, locate the record that you want from this list.
- Note the book and page number of the record. This would serve as the document identification number.
- Head over to the office of the clerk of courts and their records division
- Inform the clerk on duty of your request and provide him or her with the document identification number.
- The clerk would then locate the record in question and make a copy for you after your had paid the required fee.
Brevard County Marriage License Records
The following links should be of further assistance
- Brevard County
- Clerk of Courts
- Public Libraries
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write