As one of the few things that could change the status of a person, marriage is something that the whole community, indeed, the whole world, is concerned about. There is, therefore, sometimes the need to be able to prove the existence of the marriage, and the best thing that could be used in order to prove the existence of a marriage would be a marriage record, an example of which would be Wakulla County Marriage Records, which are public records and which are available from a number of sources and are supposed to be available to the public at all times.
Marriage Records Wakulla County are public records, and in this regard, they are given two advantages that could not be given to ordinary records. The first of these is the fact that, as public records, they are supposed to be available to the public at all times. This means that a person who desires to get his hand on a copy of a marriage record, or any public records, may request for the same no matter what the reason for the request would be. The second is that as public records, these records are afforded great respect when it comes to their authenticity, so much so that a record that is prima facie a public record would be considered to be authentic and the person who claims otherwise would have to prove his or her allegation.
In this regard, it is important to know where copies of Wakulla County Marriage License Records may be obtained, and there are, in general, two sources. The first of these two sources would be the local or county level, and this would be through the office of the clerk of court who is also the official recorder and custodian of all public records. the procedure that is being followed at this level would require the person who wants to have a copy to actually go to the office and make the request there, but do note that since the papers requested for would be made available the same day that they are requested for, this method is actually the faster method.
The other method of acquiring copies of Florida Marriage Records would be to make the request at the state or national level, and this would be through the Office of Vital Records of the Florida Department of Health where the procedure that is being followed would require the person to send the request via mail. This means that the person who would request for the records would first have to accomplish the required request form and send the same to the office for processing. Note that when the papers are sent to the office, it must be accompanied by a money order or check to answer for the required fee of five dollars for the first record requested for, plus an additional four dollars for every additional copy of the record that would be requested for at the same time.
Another source of marriage records would be online databases, which are easier to use. These databases could provide substantially the same information as the various government offices and databases, but the platform that they are using ensures that they could provide their data faster and more efficiently. This is in addition to the fact that they could be used from just about anywhere where there is a substantial internet connection.
Marriage Records Wakulla County
When requesting for records at the local level, the procedure that must be followed is given below
- Locate the records division of the office of the county clerk
- At the records division, inform the staff of your intention to request for copies of records.
- The staff would ask you some questions regarding the records that you intend to obtain. Try to answer this as accurately as possible in order to limit the search parameters.
- Using the answers that you had provided, the staff would then use their search database in order to come up with a list of all the records that match your search criteria.
- From the list, indicate the record or records that you wish to see.
- The staff would then produce the record that you had indicated.
- Make sure that these are the records that you want before asking that copies of the same be made for you.
- Pay the required fee before claiming your copies of the record
Wakulla County Marriage License Records
The following links may be consulted in case of further questions and queries
- Wakulla County
- County Administrator
- Clerk of Courts
- State Attorney
- Judicial Circuit
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write