Sometimes it is necessary to be able to prove the existence of marriage because of the effects of marriage. Not only are two people bound together by this ceremony and proceeding, but the parties to the marriage are also given rights and obligations that would not have been available to them had they not been married. When one claims such obligation or right, more often than not, the issue becomes whether or not the marriage exists in the first place. Marriage records, like Manatee County Marriage Records, are the best evidence when it comes to such a question because these are the official records of the marriage, and as with everything else, the official record is the best evidence.
Like all marriage records, Marriage Records Manatee County are used in a number of proceedings, and such proceedings does not necessarily include public proceedings where the issue involves the application of family law. Indeed, such records may also be used in a criminal, civil, and even an administrative proceeding where it becomes necessary to prove the existence of the marriage. Such records are also used in purely private proceedings, such as when one claims for social security or pension benefits, especially when the one claiming such benefits is the spouse of the person actually entitled to the same.
It is thus important to know where copies of Manatee County Marriage Records may be located. One source is the office of the clerk of court who is also the official recorder and keeper of public records. As such, if it is an official record, the clerk of court would have a copy of the same. To request for a copy at this level, the person making the request would first have to go to the office and make the request there, because the procedure that is being followed at this office is to make the request in person. This means that the person who desires to have a copy of the marriage record would first have to go to the office, but do note that such a procedure requires, at the most, a day to complete. This means that the record requested would be made available at the same day that is requested for.
Copies of Public Marriage Records Florida may also be obtained from the Office of Vital Records of the Florida Department of Health. At this level, the procedure that is being followed is requests through mail. This means that the person who wants a copy would first have to download the order form and accomplish the same. Before the same could be sent to the office for processing, the person making the request should first add a money order or check to the application form to answer for the required fee. The required fee is five dollars for the first copy of the record, plus an additional four dollars for every additional copy of the same record that would be requested at the same time.
Another source of marriage records would be online databases. Using a platform that is more efficient and faster, these databases could provide the substantially the same copies of records that is being provided by the government, but their platform is faster, and most charge only the most minimum of fees for the use of their services.
Marriage Records Manatee County
When requesting for copies of marriage records at the local level, follow the procedure given below
- At the records division of the office of the clerk of court, inform the clerk of your request to ask for copies of marriage records.
- The clerk would ask you some questions regarding the records that you wish to procure. Although you do not necessarily have to answer all questions, note that the more accurate the answers are, the more accurate the search parameters would be.
- Using their own database, the clerk would search for the records that fit your search parameters.
- The clerk would show you the results of their search. Locate the record that you are interested in from the results.
- The clerk would then produce the records that you had indicated. Ensure that these are the copies that you want before asking that copies of the same be made for you.
- Pay for the required fee before claiming your copy of the records.
Manatee County Marriage License Records
Questions and other queries may be directed to the authorities through the following links
- Manatee County
- Clerk of Courts
- Official Records
- Court Records
- County Attorney
- State Attorney
- Judicial Circuit
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write