The reason that marriage records are kept is because marriage is something that changes the status of a person, and status, in general, is something that follows the person no matter where he or she may go. Rights and obligations attach themselves on a person on the basis of their status, and though such is by no means the only way that rights and obligations could be attached, it must be acknowledged that it is one way. It is thus important to know if a marriage actually did exist or has existed, and often, the best way to do that is through the use of official records such as Clay County Marriage Records.
At the center of Marriage Records Clay County would be a valid marriage license. This is by no means different from the other types of marriage licenses. There are various proceedings where such marriage licenses and records are of vital importance, and this is not limited merely to family law related proceedings such as adoption and legitimacy proceedings. Indeed, more often than not, these records are being procedure for use in claiming benefits from social security and pension plans as well as in normal cases such as collection and even eviction cases.
There are various places where copies of Clay County Marriage License Records may be procured by a person who wants to have a copy of the same. Often, the first place where such a person would search for records would be at the local or state level. This is done through the office of the clerk of courts who is also the official custodian of all public records within the county. The procedure being followed by the clerk of courts is requesting for the records in person, though in order to expedite the process; it is possible for the searcher to look at the records online. In such a case, the searcher should take note of the page number of the book number that is assigned to the document that he or she is interested in as this would be the document identification number that he or she could then give to the clerk on duty when requesting for an actual physical copy of the record. This is, by no means, required, but the use of the document number would greatly expedite the search.
Another source of Marriage Records Florida would be the state or national level sources, and this is through the Office of Vital Records of the Florida Department of Health. The procedure that is followed at this setting is requesting for the records through mail, and would require the searcher to first download the relevant request form and fill the same up before sending it to the office for processing. Note that the application form should be accompanied by a money order or check to answer for the required fee which is five dollars, plus an additional four dollars for every additional record ordered at the same time. The processing time is anywhere between four to six weeks.
Another major source of records would be online databases, and these are accessed through the internet. This means that the platform is faster and more efficient, and there are even some online databases that actually charge the barest of fees, if at all, for the use of their services. The information that they provide is substantially the same as that of the various government offices and agencies, and they could be used from the home of the user, or from anywhere else where there is adequate internet access.
Marriage Records Clay County
The procedure that must be followed when requesting for records is given below
- Head over to the office of the clerk of courts and their records division.
- Inform the clerk of your intention to ask for records, you would then be given a form which you must fill.
- Once you have filled up the form, submit it back to the clerk
- If you are aware of the identification number of the document indicate the same. The number is obtained as follows:
- Visit the search page of the online database maintained by the clerk.
- On the spaces provided, input the information requested. Note that not all blanks are required to be filled, but the less blank there are, the more accurate the search would be.
- The search page should then display various returns, locate the record that you are interested in from the available returns.
- Note the page number and the book number of the document which is the identification number of the document.
- The clerk would then search for the records. Depending on a number of factors, this may take some time, but in general, the record should be made available within the same day, otherwise, you would be informed when you need to return.
- If the records are the ones that you are interested in, you may request for a copy of the same.
- Pay the required fee before claiming your copy of the records.
Clay County Marriage License Records
The following links should be of further assistance in case of queries and questions
- Clay County
- Clerk of Courts
- State Attorney
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Office of Vital Records
- Center for Disease Control Where to Write